- Using the Website and Tools
Vot-ER provides the Website and Tools for the purpose of helping healthcare institutions and providers integrate non-partisan voter registration into health care processes and systems. Vot-ER is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization and does not support or oppose any political party or candidate for office.
- Age Requirement
The Website and Tools are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years old, please do not use the Website or Tools.
- Conditions of Use
By using the Service, you represent that:
- You are legally able to enter into a contract with Vot-ER.
- You have not previously been prohibited from using the Website or Tools.
- You will comply with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws while using the Website and Tools.
By using the Service, you also understand and agree that:
- Vot-ER may make changes to the Website and Tools that add or remove features.
- Access to the Website and Tools may be interrupted or unavailable without notice.
- Vot-ER does not control and is not liable for the availability of third-party services linked to from the Website or the Tools.
- Prohibited Uses of the Website
In using the Website, you agree not to do, attempt, or encourage the following:
- Knowingly provide false information to Vot-ER.
- Impersonate any other person or entity.
- Copy, modify, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer the Website, except where specifically permitted by law.
- Embed, frame, reimplement, or otherwise redistribute the Website.
- Interfere with the proper working of the Website with denial-of-service attacks, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other harmful or malicious techniques.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any parts of the Website or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Prohibited Uses of the Tools
In using the Tools, you agree not to do, attempt, or encourage the following:
- Use the Tools for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including by violating any federal, state, or local voter registration laws.
- Alter the Tools, including by removing Vot-ER’s trademarks or copyright notices. However, you may freely translate the tools into other languages for uses consistent with the purpose in Section 1.1.
- Republish the Tools without express permission from Vot-ER.
- Violations of Terms
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your access to the Website and the Tools.
- Intellectual Property
All content on the Website or in the Tools is owned or licensed by Vot-ER and is protected by national and international copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other intellectual property law.
Pursuant to these Terms, we grant you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non- transferrable, revocable license to use the Website and Tools in connection with the purposes described in Section 1.1.
- Changes and Updates
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Website, our Tools, and other Vot-ER services after the posting of revised Terms means you accept and agree to the changes we make.
- Other Legal Provisions
THE WEBSITE AND TOOLS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, VOT-ER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE AND TOOLS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE.
- Limitation of Liability
THE LIABILITY OF ANY PARTY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL LOSSES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NO PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS VOT-ER AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, AWARDS, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR FEES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND TOOLS.
- Dispute Resolution
Should any dispute arise between the parties related to these Terms, the parties agree to submit the dispute to a mutually agreed mediation service. The parties agree to cooperate to choose a neutral mediation service and mediator. Any fees and expenses related to mediation will be share equally between the parties.
If the parties cannot resolve the dispute through mediation, either party may file suit in a court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with Section 4.5 of these Terms.
- Choice of Law and Venue
These Terms, and all matters arising out of these Terms, are governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts of the United States of America. All claims arising under these Terms must be brought in the United States District Court for Massachusetts or a state court of Massachusetts in Suffolk County. Each party consents to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purpose of any claim arising under these Terms.
- Waiver and Severability
No failure by a party to assert any right set out in these Terms shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such right or a waiver of any other term or condition.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement