As an organization with a vision focused on an inclusive American democracy, we aim to reflect that standard in our own organization as well. Vot-ER has a strong commitment to diversity and especially encourages people who are historically underrepresented in healthcare and civic engagement to apply.
In addition to an unwavering commitment to building a multicultural & healthy democracy, Vot-ER team members exhibit the following characteristics:
- They MOBILIZE: They seize on opportunities to bring new health care professionals and organizations into our work.
- They ORGANIZE: They help develop teammates and volunteers into effective leaders.
- They DELIGHT: They make the work as easy and delightful as possible for everyone they interact with.
- They COLLABORATE: They explore the intersections of their role with those of others in the organization.
While our work is challenging and urgent, we also laugh heartily, celebrate our wins with ridiculous traditions, and build deep friendships with one another along the journey.
Partnerships Associate / Manager [Remote]
Vot-ER is seeking a full-time Partnerships Associate to support the planning, developing, and execution of our external partnership engagement strategy by expanding relationships with nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, health centers, and individual clinicians. The Partnerships Associate will also assist in nurturing and growing a strong network of state-based and local partner relationships as well as identifying and supporting opportunities that will elevate Vot-ER’s national agenda of expanding the electorate and changing the culture of healthcare.
This position requires the commitment, skills, and ability to work as part of a team as well as forge and support positive internal and external relationships. This role works closely with the institutionalization workgroup, corporate fundraising, specialty groups, and student interns.
Reports to: National Partnerships Director
- Assist in developing systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement, and development of new strategic partnerships.
- Coordinate the support of ongoing relationships with existing partners and, where relevant, leverage those relationships to more significant collective impact.
- Support strategic partnership engagement events, forums, and educational gatherings in support of Vot-ER’s strategic initiatives.
- Plan and lead specialty group strategy meetings.
- Participate in the development of innovative training and supportive resources for institutional embedded voter registration projects.
- Engage in corporate fundraising strategy and outreach.
- Participate in regular calls and meetings with the broader Vot-ER team, workgroups, as well as 1:1 discussions with partner organizations.
Vot-ER welcomes people of all levels of experience and all backgrounds to our work. Successful candidates for this role will have:
- A commitment to working with diverse teams for an organization committed to health equity and racial justice
- Strong people skills and positive attitude with the ability to develop and nurture relationships
- An ability to be highly independent and to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Google Suite, Zoom, and other online tools to communicate effectively
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Bi-/Multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- As health conditions allow, the role may also allow site visits to partners to support them to incorporate Vot-ER tools into their efforts.
- This is a full-time role through December 31, 2022. The role will involve occasional nights and weekends with increased activity from Aug-Oct, 2022.
- Pay is $3,500 - $4,250/month (depending on experience) with health insurance benefits, flexible time off policy, and reimbursements for travel-related costs.
Email Vot-ER’s National Partnerships Director Kristina Whiton-O’Brien at email@example.com using the subject line “Partnerships Role” with a work sample or project of your choice, a resume, and a response in the body of the email to the following questions:
- What skills or experience do you bring that would make you successful at developing and managing partnerships?
- Why are you interested in working for Vot-ER?
Graduate or Undergraduate Internship [Remote]
Summer, Fall, Spring, or Year-Round
Launched in 2020, Vot-ER has scaled rapidly last year, now with 25,000 participating healthcare providers, over 300 hospitals, and a range of other partners. Now, the context we face is completely different. Our work in 2022 will lay the groundwork for what Vot-ER looks like for years to come.
Vot-ER has a robust internship program that helps undergraduates meet leaders in the fields of democracy and health, work with strong mentors, and build new skills. Note that this is a remote internship for undergraduate students.
You have one (or more) of the following superpowers:
- Project management and coordinating complex logistics
- Data analysis or software development
- Graphic design or turning complicated topics into visual representations
- Helping people and communities build plans and turn them into power
- Writing for a range of audiences
How you enjoy showing up:
- Your professional goals or personal experiences have a strong link to either health, democracy, behavioral economics, policy, or politics (or more than one of these areas)
- You are self-directed and take initiative to find places where you can improve our work
- You enjoy being a part of a diverse team that has a strong sense of community
- You enjoy the fast pace of an innovative startup
- You are well-organized and respond in a timely manner on email, Slack, and text
Email Vot-ER’s Acting Executive Director Aliya at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Undergraduate Internship” with a work sample or project of your choice, a resume, and a response to the following two questions:
- Share a description of a project you particularly enjoyed working on. Please be sure to provide detail of the context, your role, the broader team, and why you enjoyed it.
- Why are you interested in working with VotER?
For full-time summer interns or for students taking gap semesters, gap years, or participating in co-op programs, we pay $2500/month with an expectation of about 35-40 hours of work per week. For part-time interns, we pay $1000/month with the expectation of 10-15 hours of work per week. We welcome interns to seek financial support from their institutions when that is available.
Don't see a role that fits you?
Don't see a role that fits you, but interested in volunteering or working with us? Email email@example.com with the subject "Getting involved in Vot-ER" and some details, and they will get back to you as soon as they can.