At Vot-ER, we envision healthy communities powered by an inclusive democracy. We are working to exponentially scale voter access within America’s healthcare system. We provide the tools, training, and community to support a growing movement that amplifies the voices of patients, families, & healthcare professionals in America’s democracy.
As an organization with a vision focused on an inclusive American democracy, we aim to reflect that standard in our own organization as well. Vot-ER has a strong commitment to diversity and especially encourages people who are historically underrepresented in healthcare and civic engagement to apply.
Undergraduate Internship [Remote – Fall 2021]
Launched in 2020, Vot-ER has scaled rapidly last year, now with 25,000 participating healthcare providers, over 300 hospitals, and a range of other partners. Now, the context we face is completely different. Our work this year will lay the groundwork for what Vot-ER looks like for years to come.
Vot-ER has a robust internship program that helps undergraduates meet leaders in the fields of democracy and health, work with strong mentors, and build new skills. Note that this is a remote internship for undergraduate students.
You have one (or more) of the following superpowers:
- Project management and coordinating complex logistics
- Data analysis or software development
- Graphic design or turning complicated topics into visual representations
- Helping people and communities build plans and turn them into power
- Writing for a range of audiences
How you enjoy showing up:
- Your professional goals or personal experiences have a strong link to either health, democracy, behavioral economics, policy, or politics (or more than one of these areas)
- You are self-directed and take initiative to find places where you can improve our work
- You enjoy being a part of a diverse team that has a strong sense of community
- You enjoy the fast pace of an innovative startup
- You are well-organized and respond in a timely manner on email, Slack, and text
Email VotER’s Chief Operating Officer Aliya at email@example.com using the subject line “Undergraduate Internship” with a work sample or project of your choice, a resume, and a response to the following two questions:
- Share a description of a project you particularly enjoyed working on. Please be sure to provide detail of the context, your role, the broader team, and why you enjoyed it.
- Why are you interested in working with VotER?
For part-time interns, we pay $1000/month with the expectation of 10-15 hours of work per week. For students taking gap semesters, gap years, or participating in co-op programs, we pay $2000/month with an expectation of about 30 hours of work per week.
Don’t see a role that fits you?
Don’t see a role that fits you, but interested in volunteering or working with us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Getting involved in Vot-ER” and some details, and they will get back to you as soon as they can.