Vot-ER (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy through compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website Vot-ER.org (our “Website”), or while you use Vot-ER tools (our “Tools”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Vot-ER provides the Website and Tools for the purpose of helping healthcare institutions and providers integrate non-partisan voter registration into health care processes and systems. Vot-ER is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization and does not support or oppose any political party or candidate for office.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Policy.
Information We Collect
When you visit our Website
When you visit our Website, we use analytical tools to monitor traffic and visitor trends on our Website. This information may include IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, and the referring URL. This monitoring occurs whether or not you have signed up to become a user of our Website and/or our Tools.
When you provide us with information
When you use our Website and/or our Tools, we gather and store the information about you that you have provided to us. For example, you may provide us with information to register to vote, check your registration status, order your absentee ballot, sign up for election reminders, or engage in other activities. This information can include your name, your date of birth, your phone number, your address, your language preference, your party affiliation, your voter registration status, and/or your email.
You may also provide us information by opting into specific Website features, such as mailing lists, webinars, and other events. We collaborate with local civic engagement and healthcare organizations, and you may be added to external mailing lists if you sign up for joint event. You may opt out of mailings at any time.
When you order a Registration Badge
When you order a registration badge, we gather and store information about you that you have provided to us. This may include your name, state, occupation, shipping address, phone number, email, and the name of your organization. We are also able to see how many people are engaging with your registration badge.
How We Use Your Information
Information collected from the sources described above may be used in different ways:
- We use badge and registration information to assess the level of engagement of our partnerships and identify opportunities for new partnerships.
- We use aggregate information to improve our Website and Tools, detect technical errors, and protect the security of our systems.
- We use contact information to collaborate with other services to remind you about upcoming elections and opportunities for civic engagement via text message. If we send you a text message, you can choose to opt out after the first text message.
- We use information for research purposes. We are affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School and partner with researchers at other accredited academic institutions
How We Share Information
Information collected from the sources described above may be shared with partner organizations. Under no circumstances will Vot-ER sell your personal information. Ways in which information is shared include:
- Registration information may be shared with partner organizations to help them identify which registration programs are most effective.
- In rare cases, Vot-ER shares information about individual badge usage with partner organizations. In these cases, badge information may be shared with partner organizations to assess which team members are registering voters.
We build community among Vot-ER users in the same hospitals and locations, and we sometimes provide local organizers or administrators who are involved with Vot-ER with information about Vot-ER partners in their communities. If you do not want this information shared, please list "Other" as your organization when you sign up.
Links to Third Party Websites
We collaborate with third parties like TurboVote [link], Vote.Org [link], and Register2Vote [link]. Each have comprehensive privacy policies that lay out the privacy provisions for those using their services. This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties. Any third party’s use of your information is subject to its own Policy, and we encourage you to consult the third party’s website for those terms.
Our Website and our Tools are intended for voting-age adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Our Website and our Tools are intended for voting-age eligible to register to vote in elections in the United States. We do not knowingly collect personal information from non-US persons.
Updates to this Policy
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.